Posted by Certain Cravings on October 25, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Work has been so crazy, so unfortunately I didn't have time to cook or work on my blog. I was too tired and drained after a whole week at the office. Finally I've found something which is very easy to make. After a day of work I really don't feel like cooking. I just want to a quick bite that doesn't take it hours to make. Do yourself a favour, try this recipe! Oh don't forget to remove the ginger and garlic ;-)
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 6 slices ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 long green chilli, sliced
- 1½ cups (300g) jasmine rice
- 4 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 4 green onions (scallions), sliced
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
- soy sauce, to serve;
- Place the stock, ginger, garlic and chilli in a deep frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and stir once to distribute evenly over the bottom of the pan. When the stock comes back to the boil, add the chicken.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the stock and the chicken is tender.
- Top the chicken and rice with the onion and coriander and serve with soy sauce.