Posted by Certain Cravings on November 11, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Never knew it was possible to cook with cola. You would think the ribs would get a cola flavour. but the cola will just makes the meat tender and a bit more sweeter than normal. The ribs will be extra sticky and sweet. Of course the meat will fall off the bones.
- 1 kg spareribs;
- 1 tsp tumeric powder;
- 1 tsp paprika powder;
- 1 tsp cumin powder;
- 1 tsp coriander powder;
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder;
- 2 tbsp olive oil;
- 1 can of coca cola;
- 4 tbsp maple syrup;
- 10 bay leaves;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Put the ribs in a baking tray;
- Get a big bowl and add all the spices (including pepper and salt), olive oil and maple syrup;
- Stir the mixture well and pour it over the ribs and rub the mixture in;
- Add the cola in the baking tray;
- Add the bay leaves;
- Put the baking tray in the oven. After 30 minutes lower the temperature to 150C for 90 minutes;
- Baste the ribs ever now and then;
- Serve with bread or whatever you like!