Posted by Certain Cravings on March 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM
This dish is called pearl balls because the rice turns pearl like translucence. A very good dish when you have a lot of visitors. It's easy to make and everybody loves it!
- 1 cup glutinous rice (soaked overnight);
- 300 g minced pork;
- 1 scallion stalk (chopped finely);
- 3 cm fresh ginger root (minced);
- 1 egg;
- 2 tbsp soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp sherry;
- 1 tbsp water;
- 2 tsp cornstarch;
- 1 tsp sugar;
- 1/2 tsp salt;
- After soaking glutinous rice, drain well.
- Beat egg in a big bowl and add soy, sherry. water, cornstarch, sugar, ginger, scallion and salt. Mix it well and add minced pork. Mix all the ingredients together and roll medium sized balls (as big as a walnut).
- Spread soaked rice on a flat plate. Roll porkballs over rice.
- Arrange porkballs on steamer, with enough space. The balls shouldn't touch each other.
- Steam for 1 hour and serve with soy sauce.